isSelected( ) is the Selenium WebDriver Predefined Method, which is used to get the status of the radio buttons and check box options.
isSelected( ) predefined method returns true if the radio button or the check box is selected else it will return false.
Lets Implement the Test on Eclipse IDE:
1. Create a new Project say 'WebDriver-Project39' in Eclipse IDE
2. Configure the Project to work with Selenium WebDriver
3. Create a package say 'package39' under the newly created project.
4. Create a Java Class file say 'Class39' under the newly created package as shown below:
1. Write the following code into the newly created Java Class file as shown below and make sure that you resolve all the errors before going to next step:
2. Write the test method 'isSelectedMethodDemo()' which uses CSS Path Statements for locating the radio button 'radio 1' as shown below:
3. Save and Run the 'Class39.java' file by selecting the 'JUnit Test' option and ensure that our Automation Test has selected the radio button ' radio 1' which is in not selected state as shown in the below video:
Watch the below video:
Click here to watch the video.
Download this Project:
Click here to download this project and import into Eclipse IDE on your machine.
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
Using isEnabled( ) to find out whether the button is enabled will be explained in the next post.