We can create a file using createNewFile( ) method.
File object = new File("C://Users//Arun//Desktop//Files//abcd.txt");
object.createNewFile( ); //Creates the File at the above specified file path
Lets implement this on Eclipse IDE -
1. Launch Eclipse IDE, open the 'FilesDemo.java' Class in the existing Java Project 'Project 50' as shown below -
2. Now lets create a File at the specified file path location of the File Class object creation statement using the createNewFile( ) method as shown below -
3. View the compiler exception error message and select the 'Surround with try/catch' option from the error message as shown below -
4. Observe that the file creation statement got surrounded by the try catch statements and the error got resolved as shown below -
5. Go to the file path location specified in the File Class object creation statement and find that there are no files at that location before executing our Java program as shown below -
6. Save & Run the Java class 'FilesDemo.java' , again go to the same file path location and observe that a file with the file name that is specified in the File object creation statement got created as shown below -
Hence we have created a file using the createNewFile( ) method at the specified file path location in the File Class object creation statement.
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.