Before explaining how to install Firepath, I would like to explain why Firepath is used in Selenium Test Automation. Firepath is used to create the CSS and XPath locators to locate the UI elements of the Web Application Under Test. (Locators concept will be explained later)
Steps to Install Firepath Add-on for Firefox Browser
1. Open Firefox browser and access https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firepath/
2. Ensure that Firefox Add-ons page is displayed with Firepath Add-on
3. Click on 'Add to Firefox' Button to download the Firepath Add-on
4. Ensure that a Popup dialog is displayed and click on 'Install Now' button on the displayed dialog
5. Restart (i.e. Close and Reopen) the Firefox Browser after Firepath is installed
6. Click on FireBug icon on the top right side of the page as shown below:
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
How to use Firepath in selenium automation will be explained in the next posts.